A man accidentally burnt down his house after trying to kill some spiders with a blowtorch.
The homeowner, who has not been named, used a blowtorch filled with propane in an attempt to eradicate arachnids from under his mobile home in Tucson, Arizona.
However, instead of creating a small spark to kill the spiders, he ended up torching his entire home, causing a huge blaze.
A total of 23 firefighters were required to put out the fire.
An elderly woman had to be evacuated from the area and suffered minor injuries.
Pictures of the aftermath show the charred remains of the mobile home surrounded by the emergency services.
Most popular on Yahoo News UK
Man dies after stabbing outside Parsons Green Tube station in London
Girl, 8, falls to her death on cruise ship in front of horrified passengers
‘Get off my land!’ Furious farmer throws punches and drives quad bike into hunt saboteurs in shocking video
Parents of man arrested for indecency in Dubai say his life is ‘ruined’
Trump branded ‘fat f***ing liar’ by sister of U.S. soldier killed in Iraq
Fire crews were called on Monday night to the fire. Tucson Fire Department confirmed a woman was injured and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
It was reported that the elderly woman was carried out of her home by her son and neighbours.
The fire department said it took firefighters 11 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
It was reported that the man was trying to kill spiders and remove spiderwebs from under his trailer home.
The Red Cross has offered to help out two residents left homeless by the fire.