A father and his 2-year-old daughter were removed from a Frontier Airlines flight traveling from Orlando, Florida, to Atlanta, Georgia, on Sunday, August 7, according to news reports.
In a post on his Instagram page, Chrisean Rose said that the flight staff removed his daughter and him from the flight because she wanted to sit on his lap. “My daughter sat in my lap crying while the flight attendant insisted that she sit in her own seat or they will turn around and remove us,” the post said.
This footage uploaded to Instagram shows Rose speaking with a flight attendant, who warns that he will be arrested if he does not disembark. Rose’s daughter can be heard in the background.
According to local news reports, Frontier Airlines said, “it is an FAA requirement that all passengers over the age of 24 months must be buckled into their own seat for takeoff and landing. The parent refused to comply and therefore was asked to exit the aircraft with the child.” The girl is 25 months old, according to reports.
Rose had to buy tickets from Delta to return to Atlanta, reports said. He told Storyful that Frontier Airlines reached out to him about a refund. Credit: Chrisean Rose via Storyful
- Sir, I'm going to ask you one last time to step off the aircraft. They will arrest you. I'm telling you that right now, OK? This is my last and final-- I'm-- we're--
CHRISEAN ROSE: Can I ask you a question?
- No, sir. I've asked you--
CHRISEAN ROSE: --as a lady, it's wrong. It's wrong for you to do that. I'm just trying to comfort her so she doesn't interrupt the people in the flight, and this is what you do. I hope you're not a mother because that's wrong.
- Hey, good morning, ladies and gentlemen, due to an unfortunate incident, we're going to partially deplane this aircraft. That means anything that you brought on board, bring it off with you. We'll get you folks-- once we deal with the situation, we'll get you folks back on your way to Atlanta just as quickly as possible.
CHRISEAN ROSE: [INAUDIBLE]
- It will happen.
CHRISEAN ROSE: OK.
- I'm going to ask you one more time. Are you going to step off the aircraft?
CHRISEAN ROSE: I'm not going to.
- OK, I will be right back [INAUDIBLE].