Man Left With Gaping Hole In Mouth After E-Cigarette Explodes In His Face

A man was reportedly left unable to eat solid foods after an e-cigarette exploded in his face - leaving a gaping hole in his mouth.

James Lauria, 23, from Cobb County, Georgia, was airlifted to hospital with first degree burns after the smoking device unexpectedly exploded.

Even after spending six weeks in intensive care, James is still unable to eat solid foods and speaks with a lisp after the device blew a huge hole in his mouth.

‘It’s just a normal day. I’m at work and things quieted down and I stepped away for a second like I always do’, James recalled to Fox 5 News.

‘Next thing I know, it (the e-cigarette) exploded and I was on my way to hospital in an ambulance and this is the last thing I remember.’

James also suffered burns to his hands and cornea, as well as a fractured neck and finger during the July 29 incident.

His dad, Ed Lauria, added: ‘It blew a hole through his pallet and at the same time, flames went down and he got first-degree burns on his chest and up on his face.“It forced his front tooth up into his gum - and out of sight - and chipped the other one and damaged a few other lower teeth.’

The incident is being currently investigated by the South Walton Fire and Rescue Department.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting