Man ‘firebombs’ Border Force immigration centre in Dover

A suspect has been found dead after incendiary devices were thrown at a migrant processing centre in Dover, reports have stated.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident at 11.24am on Sunday to put out the fires after two or three devices were thrown at the centre.

The man is believed to have driven to the centre before exiting his vehicle and throwing three incendiary devices attached with fireworks, Reuters reported. He is then believed to have taken his life, the agency said, although this has not been confirmed by the police.

Police then arrived minutes afterward and cordoned off the area.

A spokesperson for Kent Police said: “We were called at 11.22am on Sunday to The Viaduct in Dover.

“Officers established that two to three incendiary devices had been thrown into a Home Office immigration premises. One minor injury has been reported.

“The suspect has been identified and located. Enquiries into the incident remain ongoing.”

A Home Office spokesperson said: "We are aware of an incident at Western Jet Foil, Dover and police are in attendance.

"It would not be appropriate to comment further at this stage."

Nathalie Elphicke, the Conservative MP forDover, said she has been left “deeply shocked” following the incident.

Immigration minister Robert Jenrick said he is being kept updated on the situation in Dover after flammable devices were thrown at a Border Force migrant centre.

He tweeted: "Earlier today there was a serious incident at Dover. I am being kept regularly updated by the police.

"My sympathies are with those involved and my thanks and admiration are with Kent Police and Border Force officers as they go about their essential work to keep us safe."