Manchester United captain Harry Maguire is due in court following his arrest on the island of Mykonos, Greek police have said.
The England footballer, 27, was arrested following an alleged fight on Thursday night, along with two other Britons.
Police said there had been an altercation and an exchange of words with officers, and that the three men would appear before a prosecutor on the nearby island of Syros on Saturday.
"The soccer player was verbally abusive to an officer and then hit him," a police official said.
"The three were resisting when brought to the Mykonos police station."
Maguire and the two other detainees will be transported to Syros by ship, where they will face charges by a public prosecutor, the police official added.
Manchester United said in a statement: "The club is aware of an alleged incident involving Harry Maguire in Mykonos last night.
"Contact has been made with Harry, and he is fully co-operating with the Greek authorities.
"At this time we will be making no further comment."
Maguire's fiancee, Fern Hawkins, posted a picture of the pair in Mykonos on her Instagram page on Thursday night.
The couple have two baby daughters, the youngest of which was born in May.
Maguire was also joined on the Greek island holiday by his brothers and sister.
Along with the rest of United's squad, Maguire had been given two weeks off following the side's semi-final defeat to Sevilla in the Europa League on Sunday.
The club's next competitive fixture is scheduled for 19 September, when they are due to open their 2020/21 Premier League campaign against Crystal Palace.
United have had their start to the new season delayed due to their involvement in European competition this summer.
Maguire is due to return to training with United at the start of next month.
Sheffield-born Maguire became the world's most expensive defender when he signed for United from Leicester City for an £80m transfer fee in August last year.
He has made 26 appearances for England and was a key part of the Three Lions run to the World Cup semi-finals in 2018.
Tourist hotspot Mykonos usually attracts two million visitors each summer, despite having a population of just 10,000.
Bar and restaurant owners on the island recently expressed their anger after the Greek government said they must now shut at midnight to curb the spread of coronavirus.