Police in Australia are on the hunt for a suspected killer after they found a decomposing body in a barrel.
Zlatko Sikorsky is wanted by police on suspicion of murder after they discovered the barrel on a black truck that he allegedly dumped at a residential estate in Stapylton, south of Brisbane.
Police had earlier visited a home in Buccan, Logan, while investigating the disappearance of 16-year-old Larissa Beilby, where officers say a man later fled in the vehicle.
The body has yet to be identified but police in Queensland want to track down Sikorsky, 34, who is known to the missing teen.
Logan Det Acting Insp Scott Furlong said: ‘I don’t know the relationship, we know that they are associated, however we don’t know the exact relationship between Larissa Beilby (and Sikorsky).
‘At this stage we believe he may present a risk to the public… we have information that he has access to firearms.’
A resident of the estate where the truck was dumped claimed that a tattooed, Caucasian man pulled up in the vehicle with the windows shot out and bullet holes through the bonnet.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Homes evacuated after Saddleworth Moor fire near Manchester declared a major incident
- Tony Blair warns that future comparisons to Nazi Germany may not be far fetched
- Heartbroken beekeeper hits out at ‘mindless’ vandals who destroyed hives, killing 100,000 bees
- Lost cat is found 60 miles from home and reunited with owners 10 YEARS after he went missing
- Couple jailed for life for torturing and burning French nanny to death
The woman, who asked not to be named, told AAP: ‘He pulled out a shotgun and said to me and my partner ‘I’ll give you two grand if you let me in the gate right now’.
‘We lifted up the gate and let him in.’
The woman said she spotted a blue barrel and a limb on the vehicle.
Sikorsky is now believed to be on the run in the Logan or Gold Coast area, travelling in a silver 2014 Holden Commodore with a sunroof.