Cape Town – Seven local celebrities will head to the Maldives to compete in the eight season of Tropika Island of Treasure.
But they won’t be doing it alone 7 contestants will be teamed up with each of them.
20-year-old Lihle Ngubo is the first contestant to be announced.
The drama student who hails from Pietermartizburg says she is the perfect contestant for this season because she is energetic, sporty, a quick thinker and super competitive.
We asked her 5 quick fire questions to get to know her better:
1. Who is the one person you would get stuck on an island with?
2. What’s the one thing you could never live without?
3. If you discovered an island and could name it, what would it be?
Beaulilly island - a mix of the word beautiful and my nickname Lilly.
4. How long do you think you would survive if you were stranded on an island alone?
A week maximum. I'm not really a cry baby, there are a number of things in life that I've gone through on my own, that made me stronger, I've learned how to be alone and fend for myself.
5. What will you do with the prize money if you win?
I will definitely give some to my mother and assisting her in all she needs and spoiling her, then I'll invest the rest with the hopes of getting a potential business I've been planning up and running in years to come.