The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not seek a royal title for their child, according to The Sunday Times.
The royal couple are hoping to raise their first child, due in Spring 2019, to have a “relatively normal life”, a source close to the couple told the paper.
The source reportedly said that the word normal “looms large for Harry and Meghan when it comes to their child’s future”.
Meghan is thought to be four months pregnant and the baby will be seventh in line to the throne.
Princess Anne, the Queen’s second child, rejected royal titles for her children Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips, who have both kept a relatively low profile compared with their cousins, including the recently married Princess Eugenie.
The move may not come as a surprise as Harry has previously been vocal about the pressure of public scrutiny, especially following the death of his mother, Princess Diana.
He told Newsweek magazine in 2017: “Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.”
He also spoke of having to walk behind his mother’s coffin as a 12-year-old boy in 1997, saying: “no child should be asked to do that under any circumstances”.
The couple are almost halfway through their tour of Australasia, during which the are carrying out 76 engagements over 16 days.
Kensington Palace announced earlier that Meghan had “slightly” cut back her schedule to rest.