Watch an exclusive clip from Britbox's new Christmastime ghost story
- What is this? A trick?
- It's no trick.
- Is it, um, what do they call it? Sympathetic ink?
- It's all true, Garwood.
- You're pulling my leg. Nisbet, is he pulling my leg?
- I swear.
- It's true.
- Tenacious. What can it all mean?
- Well it looks very much to me as if we were assisting at the working out of some sort of tragedy. A record of some long forgotten mischief.
- Where is it now?
- In my office at the museum.
- Don't you think you should be watching it?
- No, I-- I don't think it works like that. I'd rather imagine we're meant to see the whole thing. You see, between the time that I saw it the other night and when I showed it to Nisbet, there was time for a lot of things to happen. But the creature only got into the house.
- The figure that-- that could have quite easily gone about its business in that time and gone back to wherever it came from. But the fact of the window being open I think must mean that-- that it's in there now. So I feel quite easy about leaving it.
- Might we go and see the picture?