Michael Jackson confiscated his children's Halloween sweets in case they were poisoned

Prince Jackson 'resting' after motorbike accident
Prince Jackson loved Halloween with his dad. (PA)

Michael Jackson’s son Prince has revealed his dad used to confiscate his Halloween sweets in case they had been poisoned.

The late Thriller singer kept Prince and his siblings Paris and Blanket out of the public eye when they were growing up, but they were able to go trick or treating on 31 October because they could wear costumes to disguise themselves.

Prince, 24, told The Mix: “Halloween is such an awesome holiday for me because when we were growing up, obviously, we wore masks to conceal our identity. But Halloween was one of those few holidays where it’s normal for everybody to wear masks.

Read more: Paris Jackson says her dad Michael treated her like royalty

“It was kind of that one day out of the year where we got to go out with my dad to some family friend’s houses and do kind of trick or treating a little bit, do kind of a normal celebration of Halloween.”

Michael Jackson (Credit: Getty)
Michael Jackson died in 2009. (Getty)

He went on: “But also, when we were younger, and I don’t know if you remember, but people were always concerned about some people putting poison and razor blades in the candy.

"So, we could go and we would collect the candy, but my dad would always throw that away and he would give us a pillowcase filled with candy.”

Prince said his dad only let them have one day to eat the sweets.

Paris Jackson (L) and her brother Prince Jackson (R) arrive for the Ryan Gordy Foundation 60 Years of Motown Celebration at the Waldorf Astoria in Beverly Hills on November 11, 2019. (Photo by Mark RALSTON / AFP) (Photo by MARK RALSTON/AFP via Getty Images)
Paris and Prince Jackson. (Getty Images)

“So, I remember every year getting so sick just trying to eat as much of the candy as I could!” he laughed.

Read more: Michael Jackson tops list of highest-earning dead celebrities

King of Pop Jackson died in 2009 at the age of 50 following an accidental overdose of the anaesthetic propofol.

Watch: The King of Pop's legacy: How Michael Jackson changed the world