Mum posts images of baby’s burnt mouth after child chewed on phone charger

Socket Rex

A young mum has posted images of her toddler’s burned mouth after the child chewed on a phone charger while it was plugged into the wall.

Courtney Davis says that her 19 month old put the charger in her mouth while it was briefly within reach.

She said, ‘It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it.’

MOST POPULAR ON YAHOO UK TODAY:

Apple is ‘working on a foldable iPhone which could transform into an iPad’
Caught on camera: Thug almost kills homeless man by deliberately setting his tent on fire
‘Sleeping’ supervolcano ‘could erupt more quickly than we thought’
Number of Romanians and Bulgarians living in UK increases 76% in two years
Dog lover FAKED having pet put to sleep after it bit boy, nine, in the face

It’s not clear what model of phone charger Davis, who lives in Kentucky was using, but such injuries are extremely rare.

Rex

Most mobile phone chargers use an isolated circuit which is at a low voltage and can’t cause harm – even if chewed.

Chargers bought online sometimes lack the safety mechanisms built into official ones from Apple, Samsung and other manufacturers.

Davis said, ‘The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn. She doesn’t feel it thank God and hasn’t acted like it bothers her at all.’

‘We went to the doctor who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it.’

By using Yahoo you agree that Yahoo and partners may use Cookies for personalisation and other purposes