Mysterious footage has emerged appearing to show a US Naval plane encountering an unidentified flying object (UFO).
In the grainy video, a pilot is heard exclaiming “oh my gosh dude what the f*** is that thing” as the camera zooms in on a small oval object flying at high speed.
As the plane's sensor tracker manages to lock in on the unknown aircraft, another pilot is heard saying: “Wow, what is that man? Look at that flying!”
The footage was released by private research group To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science (TTSAAS) – which focusses on the formerly Pentagon-led programme of identifying unknown aircrafts.
TTSAAS said the video was filmed by a US Defence Department aircraft - the F/A-18 Super Hornet.
The clip is said to be "an authentic DoD video that captures the high-speed flight of an unidentified aircraft at low altitude" and "reveals a previously undisclosed Navy encounter that occurred off the East Coast in 2015," according to a statement.
The release of the footage comes after the New York Times published two other declassified videos, that also allegedly capture encounters between Navy officers and unknown objects.
WATCH: GO FAST- the third official USG footage of a UAP that reveals a previously undisclosed Navy encounter that occurred off the East Coast of the United States in 2015. The object in view remains unidentified. https://t.co/W9rZH9l7qP pic.twitter.com/LiMj30t1BR— To The Stars Academy (@TTSAcademy) March 9, 2018
1/2 "As with Sputnik, the nationall security implications of these incidents are concerning—but the scientific opportunities are thrilling. Who knows what perils we may avoid or opportunities we might identify if we follow the data?" pic.twitter.com/YIncDbV6Go— To The Stars Academy (@TTSAcademy) March 9, 2018
This latest video has sparked calls for more investigations into what these objects could be.
According to US media, the DoD would not comment on this most recent video but previously confirmed that the US Government had run a programme which investigated reports of UFOs until 2012.
In a statement in December the DoD said: “The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program ended in the 2012 time frame. It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change.
"The DoD takes seriously all threats and potential threats to our people, our assets, and our mission and takes action whenever credible information is developed."
Chris Mellon, a TTSAAS advisor and former deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence called for more research into such discoveries.
Writing in the Washington Post, he said: "We have no idea what’s behind these weird incidents because we’re not investigating.
"Nobody wants to be 'the alien guy' in the national security bureaucracy; nobody wants to be ridiculed or sidelined for drawing attention to the issue," he added.
Luis Elizondo, the former head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program who now works at TTSAAS that the video was the “tip of the iceberg” of the evidence the Pentagon has on such objects.
She also said there were "eerie similarities" between the new video and the ones released last year, including the location, and the "Tic Tac" shape of the object.
"It could be anything, so I wouldn't rule anything out, and that's why I think we need to look at it," she said. "I mean it could be Russian. It could be Chinese. It could be little green men from Mars. We don't know what the hell it is."