- Missing Boy, 12, Found 'Safe And Well' Sky News - 13 hours ago
- Airplane debris arrives in France for Malaysia crash investigation By Anca Ulea and Ebrahim Harris - Reuters - 14 hours ago
By Anca Ulea and Ebrahim Harris PARIS/KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Airplane debris that washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion and may belong to a vanished Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 arrived in France on Saturday for investigators to study its origin. An Air France flight carrying the debris landed at Orly airport …
- Highly active volcano erupts on Reunion amid media frenzy ANDREW MELDRUM - Associated Press - 14 hours ago
- South Sudan: Thousands risk starvation amid Nile blockade JASON PATINKIN - Associated Press - 14 hours ago
JUBA, South Sudan (AP) — Thousands of civilians in South Sudan's Upper Nile state face starvation after the government blocked aid groups from using the Nile River to deliver relief food, aid agencies said Friday.
- Brazil's Cunha claims 25km open water title By Rod Gilmour - Reuters - 14 hours ago
By Rod Gilmour KAZAN, Russia, Aug 1 (Reuters) – - Brazil’s Ana Marcela Cunha won the women’s 25 kilometre world championship open water title on Saturday, raising the prospect of a potential gold in home waters at next year’s Rio Olympics. Cunha, who had coloured the sides of her hair purple, backed up her 10km open water …
- IOC hears reports on Rio's dirty water, Tokyo emblem flap DENNIS PASSA - Associated Press - 16 hours ago
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A day after the high-profile vote which awarded Beijing the 2022 Winter Games, International Olympic Committee members dealt Saturday with issues affecting the next two Summer Games — severe water pollution in Rio de Janeiro and the fuss over Tokyo's choice of emblem.
- 'One-Way Ticket' Warning Over Ash Dieback Sky News - 18 hours ago
Experts have warned ash dieback's impact on millions of trees in hedgerows and field edges could have serious consequences for wildlife and the countryside. The Woodland Trust is using data which maps 280 million trees across England and Wales to assess the potential impact of tree diseases such as chalara ash dieback, …
- Suspected wing of MH370 arrives in France for tests Al Jazeera - 21 hours ago
- Rio pledges cleaner waters for Olympics next year By Karolos Grohmann - Reuters - 23 hours ago
By Karolos Grohmann KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Efforts to improve the water quality for the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics are ongoing, Games organizers said on Saturday, adding the welfare of the athletes was a top priority after reports of severe pollution off the shores of the Brazilian metropolis. Privately commissioned …
- On Army Day, China warns of growing border security risks By Ben Blanchard - Reuters - 23 hours ago
China says it is a threat to nobody, but needs to update outdated equipment and has to be able to defend what is now the world's second largest economy. "The maritime security environment is more complicated, and the undercurrents in the East and South China Seas have been gushing up," the paper wrote. China has become …
- Volcano erupts on suspected MH370 wreckage island Reuters - 23 hours ago
SAINT-DENIS, Reunion (Reuters) - A volcano erupted on Friday on the remote Indian Ocean island of Reunion where beachcombers found a piece of plane wing believed to have come from missing Malaysia flight MH370. The government of the island, officially a part of France lying to the east of Madagascar, imposed a ban on access …
- Firefighter killed battling blaze in California forest Associated Press - 23 hours ago
ALTURAS, Calif. (AP) — A U.S. Forest Service firefighter from South Dakota has been killed battling one of more than a dozen wildfires raging across California, Forest Service officials said Friday night.
- US Forest Service reports a firefighter has been killed battling 1 of California's wildfires Associated Press - Sat, Aug 1, 2015
US Forest Service reports a firefighter has been killed battling 1 of California's wildfires.
- Boeing team to analyse plane debris found on Reunion Island Reuters - Sat, Aug 1, 2015
(Reuters) - Boeing Co said on Friday it will dispatch a team to assist in analysing plane debris found on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean. Malaysia is "almost certain" that the debris found on the island is from a Boeing 777, the deputy transport minister said on Thursday, heightening the possibility it could be wreckage …
- Recovered plane debris flown to France for checks By Joe Brock - Reuters - Sat, Aug 1, 2015
By Joe Brock ST DENIS, Reunion (Reuters) - Plane debris which washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion and is thought to belong to the vanished Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was flown to France on Friday for checks officials hope could provide some insight into the disaster. Discovery of the debris, which may finally …
- EU Help Sought Over 'Global Migration Crisis'Sky News - 27 minutes ago
- Car Festival To Resume After Fatal Plane CrashSky News - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
- Bin Laden Plane Crash 'Doesn't Make Sense'Sky News - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
- Pilot Dies In Plane Crash At Chris Evans' FestivalSky News - 4 hours ago
- Asylum Seekers: Why They Come To UK And FranceSky News - 5 hours ago