- Attorney: Deal reached in sudden acceleration suit Associated Press - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
An attorney representing the family of a 77-year-old Flint-area woman killed when her 2005 Toyota Camry slammed into a tree after alleged sudden acceleration confirms that a deal has been reached in a ...
- Federal team investigating fatal Tenn. explosion Travis Loller, Associated Press - Associated Press - 3 hours ago
- Nigerians search unsafe forest for abducted girls HARUNA UMAR and MICHELLE FAUL - Associated Press - 3 hours ago
- China shoe factory strike shows welfare Achilles' heel John Ruwitch - Reuters - 4 hours ago
By John Ruwitch DONGGUAN, China (Reuters) - Zhou Hujun, one of thousands of shoe factory workers on strike in southern China, drove his motorbike to the local government's Social Security Department seeking answers. Zhou and other striking workers believe Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Ltd, which owns the factory making …
- Texas town could rebuild plant after fatal blast eschm - Associated Press - 4 hours ago
WEST, Texas (AP) — The mayor of a Texas town where a fertilizer plant explosion killed 15 people says local officials are considering building a new one.
- Police: Mom drove into river trying to kill 3 kids KATHY MATHESON - Associated Press - 6 hours ago
Three New Jersey teens frantically used their cellphones to call for help from a sinking van after their troubled mother drove them into a river, their father said Thursday.
- Flight 370: Oil in Indian Ocean Not from Missing Jetliner By Denise Chow, Staff Writer - LiveScience.com - 6 hours ago
The ongoing search for the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner has suffered yet another setback, as officials confirmed today (April 17) that an oil slick discovered earlier this week in the southern Indian Ocean did not come from the plane. An Australian ship, called Ocean Shield, spotted the slick on Sunday (April 13), …
- Illegal logging widespread in Peru, says study AFP - AFP - 6 hours ago
- Hotel group Accor held back by problems in home market Dominique Vidalon - Reuters - 7 hours ago
By Dominique Vidalon PARIS (Reuters) - Europe's largest hotel group Accor said on Thursday that difficulties in its core French market that held back first-quarter revenue growth would remain in the second quarter. The world's fourth-largest hotel group behind InterContinental , Marriott and Starwood is undergoing a reorganisation …
- Federal team on way to Tenn. plant explosion site TRAVIS LOLLER - Associated Press - 8 hours ago
- Father says daughter called him from sinking van Associated Press - 8 hours ago
FLORENCE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — The husband of a New Jersey woman accused of driving their children into a river says one of the teens called him from the sinking van.
- Female Penis, Male Vagina: First Case of Genital Reversal in Nature Reported By Charles Q. Choi, Live Science Contributor - LiveScience.com - 9 hours ago
Females with penislike genitals and males with vaginalike organs are cases of a new extreme reversal of sex roles researchers have discovered in little-known cave insects. These are the first examples of animals with genitalia that reverse the traditional sex roles, and the discovery could shed light on the conflict between …
- Goldman Sachs Profit Dips as Fixed Income Revenue Weakens Shane Croucher - IB Times - 9 hours ago
Goldman Sachs said its profit dipped 11% during the first quarter as revenue sunk in two key parts of the US investment banking giant's business. These falls were caused by weakening revenues from Goldman's institutional client services arm, particularly in its fixed income business, and investing and lending division. …
- New plant creating 155 jobs in Kentucky Associated Press - 10 hours ago
An automotive industry plant opening in south-central Kentucky will create 155 full-time jobs. Germany-based Dr. Schneider Automotive Systems Inc. cut the ribbon Wednesday in Russell Springs on the $29 ...
- NC governor proposes new coal ash plan after spill Michael Biesecker and Gary d. Robertson, Associated Press - Associated Press - 10 hours ago
North Carolina's governor says he will propose new legislation aimed at strengthening government oversight of coal ash dumps following the massive spill at a Duke Energy plant that coated 70 miles of the ...
- Snowden Questions Putin During TV Phone-InSky News - 56 minutes ago
- A War Of Hearsay Amid Clashes In MariupolSky News - 56 minutes ago
- Hopes Rise Of Breakthrough In Ukraine CrisisSky News - 57 minutes ago
- House Price Increases Create 'Generation Rent'Sky News - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
- Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial Evidence 'Wrong'Sky News - 3 hours ago
1 - 4 of 16
Today on Yahoo
1 - 8 of 48