- Jaguar Land Rover To Build Cars In Austria Sky News - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Jaguar Land Rover has insisted the UK remains the "centre" of its operations after expanding its overseas manufacturing capabilities - this time in Europe. The manufacturing partnership with Magna Stevr signalled a further expansion away from its UK manufacturing base, which Jaguar Land Rover said was operating at close …
- Taiwan pilot shut off engine before air crash: report AFP - AFP - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
- Heeding Francis, Iowa Catholic leaders to pressure '16 field THOMAS BEAUMONT and RACHEL ZOLL - Associated Press - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Roman Catholic leaders in the early voting state of Iowa will call Thursday on candidates for president to follow the teachings of Pope Francis and focus as much on the environment and income inequality in 2016 as they have in past elections on opposing gay marriage and abortion.
- Fracking Could Hit House Prices - Official Report Sky News - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
Fracking in rural areas of the country could reduce house prices, increase noise pollution and damage the landscape, a draft official report released by the government reveals. The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) was forced to release the report by the Information Commissioner following a request …
- Man dies in river rescue bid Press Association - 3 hours ago
- Jaguar Land Rover signs partnership to build cars in Austria Reuters - 10 hours ago
Luxury carmaker Jaguar Land Rover [TAMOJL.UL] has signed a contract to build some vehicles in Austria, it said on Thursday, a further expansion away from its UK manufacturing base. The brand, owned by India's Tata Group since 2008, opened its first overseas manufacturing plant in China in October and is building a Brazilian …
- Robot kills man at Volkswagen plant in Germany Associated Press - 12 hours ago
A robot has killed a contractor at one of Volkswagen's production plants in Germany, the automaker said Wednesday. The man died Monday at the plant in Baunatal, about 100 kilometers (62 miles) north of ...
- Maine crews use drone to rescue 2 boys from raging river Associated Press - 12 hours ago
MECHANIC FALLS, Maine (AP) — Officials in Maine used a drone to help deliver a life jacket to a boy stranded on a rock in the middle of a raging river before bringing him and another boy to safety.
- Gun-shaped cell phone case: harmless fun or dangerous accessory? Michelle Toh - Christian Science Monitor - 12 hours ago
The office of Ocean County prosecutor Joseph D. Coronato posted on Facebook photos of the case brandished at the camera, tucked in a woman’s back pocket, and held to her ear. “Please folks – this cell phone case is not a cool product or a good idea,” reads the post from Mr. Coronato’s office. “A police officer’s job is …
- Correction: Carnegie Heroes story Associated Press - 12 hours ago
In a story June 30 about the Carnegie Heroes awards, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the fate of a boy whose brother drowned in a river. Christian Smith survived. He did not drown. A corrected ...
- Want to Find Life on Mars? Start in Antarctica (Podcast) Charlie Heck, U.S. National Science Foundation - SPACE.com - 14 hours ago
Charlie Heck, multimedia news editor at the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), contributed this article to Space.com's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights. One of the coldest, driest deserts on the planet, Antarctica's McMurdo Dry Valleys may look like a frozen wasteland, but compelling new evidence shows that beneath …
- Official: Jamaica imposes water restrictions due to drought Associated Press - 14 hours ago
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) — Jamaica's environment minister says residents must adhere to water restrictions as reservoir levels diminish due to a worsening drought.
- Tree falls on woman walking to car after storms, killing her Associated Press - 14 hours ago
NEW MILFORD, N.J. (AP) — A tree split in half after a night of heavy rain and fell on a woman walking to her car Wednesday, killing her, authorities said.
- Rosetta spacecraft finds massive sinkholes on comet's surface By Irene Klotz - Reuters - 15 hours ago
By Irene Klotz CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (Reuters) - The comet being studied by Europe’s Rosetta spacecraft has massive sinkholes in its surface that are nearly wide enough to swallow Egypt’s Great Pyramid of Giza, research published on Wednesday shows. Scientists suspect the pits formed when material on the comet’s surface …
- Siemens to open plant to turn electricity from wind into hydrogen Reuters - 15 hours ago
Siemens will on Thursday start an energy project to convert wind power into hydrogen for re-use as a general fuel or in natural gas pipelines. Siemens' electrolysis plant in Mainz is based on Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) technology, which allows the capture and storage of electricity into hydrogen.
- BBC Announces 1,000 Job Cuts To Save £50mSky News - 6 minutes ago
- Dozens Dead As Philippines Ferry CapsizesSky News - 13 minutes ago
- Production Line Robot Kills Car Factory WorkerSky News - 14 minutes ago
- News Anchor's Husband Shoots Robber DeadSky News - 36 minutes ago
- Tunisia Beach Attack: 12 Suspects ArrestedSky News - 40 minutes ago