X Factor runner-up Nicholas McDonald has announced that he will be releasing his first album in eight weeks' time.
Nicholas, who is only 17 (we couldn't resist!), used the social networking site Twitter to announce his big news.
The short message read: "I am so happy to tell you all that I'm now signed to @RCARecords & my album be out in 8 weeks time !! Who is all going to buy it ? RT RT RT"
I am so happy to tell you all that I'm now signed to @RCARecords & my album be out in 8 weeks time !! Who is all going to buy it ? RT RT RT— Nicholas McDonald (@nickymcdonald1) January 9, 2014
(Nicholas McDonald Twitter)
The Scottish-born singer came second to winner Sam Bailey in last year's final and will have an extremely busy few months ahead with his album promotion and the X Factor tour kicking off in February.
Speaking of tours, Sam Bailey's support slot for Beyonce's Mrs Carter tour been slashed to one show due to conflicting schedules with the X Factor tour according to The Daily Star.
An insider told the newspaper: "Touring with Beyoncé was meant to be one of the big perks of winning X Factor. But now she's just doing one date."
Sam will support Beyonce on her Birmingham date, due to X Factor producers refusing to change tour schedules and with 36-year-old being the headline act, there is no way she'll be able to pull out of X Factor commitments.
According to the insider, the news has left Sam devastated and left her feeling that her career has hit the skids before its taken off.
"Sam is worried it could all be over by this time next year. So she was hoping to bank as much money as possible, as early as possible," the source told the newspaper.
Zayn Malik Celebrates 21st Birthday With Perrie Edwards And Liam Payne At Wild House Party
Take Note, Harry Styles! Kendall And Kylie Jenner 'Are Only Allowed To Date Famous Boys'
Jennifer Lawrence's 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Is First Movie With Female Lead To Win Annual