What next for Yankuba Minteh after talks with Everton and Newcastle United collapsed

Newcastle United have told the representatives of Yankuba Minteh that a lucrative move to Europe is still a possibility for the teenage winger.

The Magpies decided to pull the plug on talks with Everton after the player's agent and the teen agreed personal terms with the Toffees because their valuation - of £40million - was not met on Monday afternoon. But the door is still ajar to a club on the continent for Minteh.

United do not really want to sell the speedy winger to a Premier League rival if they can help it with both Everton and Brighton & Hove Albion entering the transfer room when bidding for his services. Instead, a European destination is preferred with Newcastle looking for a percentage sell on clause and potentially a buy back option.

READ MORE: Yankuba Minteh sale talks under way as Newcastle prepare to sell £40m rated star

READ MORE: Newcastle transfer news LIVE as Minteh agrees deal and United ready for striker move

It's now expected that talks between Lyon, Marseille and AS Roma will be cranked up with Minteh's exit looking likely. Meanwhile, Newcastle are trying to secure a loan club for Australia international Garang Kuol.

The teenager made his Newcastle debut in the club's post-season tour Down Under and is scheduled to rejoin the senior squad for pre-season training. However, head of recruitment Steve Nickson has been in talks with clubs in Europe about a possible season long loan deal.

After disappointing stints in Holland with Volendam and in Scotland with Heart of Midlothian, it is vital that United get his next destination right. Loan manager Shola Ameobi has previously told Chronicle Live: "It has been a difficult period for him in the last six months. He was over in Volendam and it was difficult."