Niall Horan has announced that he is putting on a livestreamed show to raise money for his road crew.
Horan, 27, told the BBC: "I'm obviously one of the lucky ones, but not everyone is as lucky as me.
“I'm a 27-year-old dude, I live with one person, my cousin, in the middle of London. I'm fit and I'm healthy.
"Our crew members are the ones that have basically been forgotten about.
“Furlough doesn't touch them – and they are the ones who have mortgages and families and homes and lives to pay for [but] they haven't got any funds to do so."
He added: "My stage manager is working on a building site currently. A couple of lads are working in Tesco and Sainsbury's.
"If there's no touring, they don't have a job. They've been left behind.”
The This Town singer had been scheduled to be on the road for six months this year, taking his tour to Australia, Asia, Europe and America.
Coronavirus: what happened today
Horan revealed he has worked with some of his crew since One Direction’s first tour in 2011.
The former boyband star now plans to play a one-off gig at the Royal Albert Hall on 7 November that will be live-streamed to between 60,000 to 70,000 ticket holders to watch online.
There will be no audience present in the venue and the concert will not be available to watch on-demand afterwards.
Tickets go on sale at 9am BST on Friday, 16 October.
Horan said any remaining money from the gig would be given to the charity WeNeedCrew, which was set up by a former production assistant for One Direction.
Road crew’s work is essential to live music – building stages, sound systems and lighting rigs, and ensuring the best sound quality during the show.
With thousands of concerts, festivals and tours cancelled due to COVID-19, their industry has been hit hard with UK's Live Music Group reporting that "the live business is shrinking four times faster than the rest of the economy”.
Watch: How Niall Horan injured his foot