- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
- British television presenter
Nick Knowles has been arrested for driving while using a mobile phone and speeding – and the DIY SOS presenter says he knows he’s guilty and should be punished.
“I’ve held my hands up,” he told The Sun. “I’m guilty and will be going to court next week for sentencing.”
But he admits that others suggested a different option.
“I was advised by some people to get a top lawyer and contest this, but... what I did was wrong.”
Knowles has been presenting DIY SOS since 1999. He took at break at the end of last year to head into the jungle I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! All seemed to be going reasonably well for the 56-year-old until he admitted that he thought the moon landing were fake.
One fans described it as going “from salt of earth, to fruit loop moon landing denier.”
Nick Knowles went from salt of the earth, to fruit loop moon landing denier, and finally became Bono. #ImACeleb
— Keith R (@TheHornyHaggis) December 6, 2018
The presenter will be sentenced for the offence next Wednesday at Cheltenham Magistrates Court.
“I’m expecting to get a ban from driving and I will absolutely accept that,” he said. Adding, “Like many people, I drive thousands of miles a year up and down the country for my work.
"It’s all too easy to drive a bit too fast or read or send a text, but let me be the lesson to everyone; It’s not OK.”
“Since this incident“ he explained, “I’ve noticed so many doing it and I don’t want to be that person. Texts can wait till I get wherever I’m going.
“I’ve started putting my phone in the boot of my car before I set off driving.
"I have Bluetooth and can answer calls, but it’s out of reach.
“We all need to start realising that no phone call or text is ever that important.”