Clarke had denied the allegations, saying: “I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing.”
According to the Sunday Mirror, detectives have decided the women’s testimonies “would not meet the threshold for a criminal investigation”.
A formal probe will not be launched “following a thorough assessment by specialist detectives”, police have reportedly decided.
The force said that it will not launch a formal probe “following a thorough assessment by specialist detectives”.
A spokesperson told the paper: “We have updated the complainants. If any further allegations related to those already assessed are reported then it will be thoroughly considered.”
Reacting to the news, Anna Birley, of pressure group Reclaim These Streets, said: “Reporting experiences of sexual assault or abuse is difficult, and so it must be hugely upsetting for women who have been so brave and spoken out to hear that the police don’t believe their testimonies are enough.”
Last year, Sky confirmed it would not produce any more series of Clarke’s crime drama Bulletproof following the allegations.
The series also stars Top Boy actor Ashley Walters.
Walters previously said in a statement on social media that he was “in shock and deeply saddened by what I have heard on a multitude of levels”.
He added: “I could never condone behaviour of this nature neither in nor out of the workplace, and whilst Noel has been a friend and colleague for several years, I cannot stand by and ignore these allegations.”
The claims about the father-of-three were first reported by the Guardian newspaper last year.
Clarke denied any allegations of sexual misconduct, but said: “Some actions affected people in ways I did not intend or realise. I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking help.”