- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Noel Clarke has said allegations of sexual harassment and bullying made against him by 20 women left him feeling suicidal.
The actor, writer and director told The Mail On Sunday the allegations "damaged me in a way I cannot articulate… I lost everything".
Allegations of groping and sexual harassment said to have taken place between 2004 and 2019 were made by women who had worked with him.
The claims published in the Guardian last year included bullying, verbal abuse and secretly filming a naked audition. Clarke strongly denies all the allegations against him.
The former Doctor Who star told The Mail On Sunday: "Twenty years of work was in gone in 24 hours."
Police announced in March a criminal investigation in relation to sexual offence allegations would not be launched, after it was determined the evidence would not meet the threshold.
Clarke said he was "deeply sorry" if his actions affected people in ways he did not "intend or realise" before adding "people make jokes with each other that cross the line".
The 46-year-old told the Mail: "Have I ever made a saucy comment? One hundred per cent. But not to the extent that it warranted the destruction of my life.
"I can't say I never talked about sex at work. We're adults in a workplace…"
"I think sometimes these are just normal conversations people have."
The father-of-four added: "I was never involved in any conversation that I didn't believe was mutual."
London-born Clarke won early acclaim for his role in gritty British films Kidulthood and Adulthood, in which he starred and also has writing and directing credits. BAFTA awarded him its rising star gong following the movies' success.
He found more mainstream fame in Doctor Who and since 2018 has appeared in Sky police drama series Bulletproof.
Anyone feeling emotionally distressed or suicidal can call Samaritans for help on 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the UK. In the US, call the Samaritans branch in your area or 1 (800) 273-TALK