A North East pub has been named among Britain's best gastropubs for 2023, as it was branded a 'hidden gem' and 'must go to' by judges.
The award, which takes place each year, is the prestigious Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs Awards at a ceremony at The Unruly Pig in Woodbridge, Suffolk - with The Angel at Hetton, North Yorkshire, taking 6th place in the rankings.
Within the rankings, The Angel at Hetton ranks around the best of the best, including venues in Lancashire, Suffolk, Kent, and Buckinghamshire.
Here is the top 10:
1. Parkers Arms, Newton-In-Bowland, Lancashire
2. The Unruly Pig, Woodbridge, Suffolk
3. Freemasons at Wiswell, Wiswell, Lancashire
4. The Sportsman, Seasalter, Kent
5. The Kentish Hare, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
6. The Angel at Hetton, Hetton, Yorkshire
7. The White Swan at Fence, Fence, Lancashire
8. The Hand & Flowers, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
9. The Fordwich Arms, Canterbury, Kent
10. The Red Lion and Sun, London
In the rankings - The Angel was praised as "a testament to its quality, it has earned one Michelin star to date.
The judges declared: 'High on the venue’s list of priorities, as well as delivering top nosh, is providing you, the diner, with the best service in the industry.'
Branding the menu 'glorious', the judges note that you might dine on a monkfish main followed by Tahitian vanilla cheesecake with salted granola and roasted beetroot puree.