The 31-year-old striker is battling to secure a spot in France’s World Cup squad and was warned last week by Les Bleus assistant coach Guy Stephan that his place in the party would be in doubt if he could not guarantee regular starts at Arsenal.
His Gunners team-mate Alexandre Lacazette is among the forwards vying for Didier Deschamps’ squad, which is packed with attacking options, but few with the ability to function as a target man as Giroud does.
Arsene Wenger has not yet named Giroud in the starting XI for any of his Premier League games but has made vital contributions, scoring the winner against Leicester on the opening day and earning the Gunners a point at Southampton on Sunday.
Giroud opted to reject interest from the likes of West Ham, Everton and Marseille in the summer, a decision that delighted Wenger after he “opened the door” following Lacazette’s arrival, but has hinted he will reassess his future in the January window.
“The reason for me not leaving this summer was partly down to the opportunities that I had,” Giroud told L’Equipe. “But at some point, I will have to ask the question again.
“We are not yet in January, and I do not have all the keys in my hand.
“What the French national team boss advises also comes into account. But it will not be able to find the right solution. Again, we will look at our options.
“A loan could be an option, but I do not think that Arsenal will want that.”
Wenger, meanwhile, is insistent that Giroud will not be leaving and vowed to give the striker further first-team opportunities having previously confined his starts to the EFL Cup and Europa League.
“Why should we lose an important player?” Wenger said when asked about Giroud’s future.
“He will start more games. I believe as well it’s always the same when you have many good players, some of them cannot play.”