The "Activated Alumina Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for activated alumina is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% globally during the forecast period.
The market is majorly driven by factors, like lack of freshwater resources in various countries and stringent laws and regulations on emissions. However, the available substitutes such as activated carbon and zeolites that exhibits relatively same performance characteristics and unfavorable conditions arising due to COVID-19 outbreak are hampering the growth of the market.
Increasing demand from the municipal and manufacturing sector is likely to offer various opportunities for the grow of the market.
In addition, improved use of activated alumina as catalysts and in various applications such as biomaterials, vacuum systems, and others are further creating growth opportunities for the players operating in the market. For instance, activated alumina is used as a catalyst to produce hydrogen peroxide and polyethylene.
- BASF SE
- Albemarle Corporation
- Dynamic Adsorbents Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Huber Engineered Materials (HEM)
- Kin Filter Engineering Co.
- Porocel Industries
- Sorbead India
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
Key Market Trends
Increased Demand from Oil & Gas and Water Treatment Industries
- The activated alumina market is driven by water treatment industry demand due to its ability to be used as an adsorbent for the removal of fluoride and other impurities from water, for several purposes which include domestic as well as industrial.
- Various government regulations for treating effluents coupled with the growing demand for clean water from densely populated countries is significantly spurring the demand.
- Supply of pure water to the households is one of the chief requirements for all the governments. The global water consumption rate is increasing by 100% every twenty years. The rising scarcity for potable water coupled with the growing population and increasing water demand are the major concerns which are driving the demand for market studied.
- In the oil & gas Industry, the product is used in the adsorption of water from natural gas streams. Natural gas is regarded as the fastest-growing source of domestic energy production. Establishment of new refinery projects is anticipated to be the key driver for the segment growth.
- Owing to the all above-mentioned factors for activated alumina, its market is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The key countries including India and China is anticipated to witness significant growth in their refining capacities, thereby boosting the product demand. Increasing demand for fresh water supply owing to population growth in the region will drive the market.
- Increasing GDP in the Asia Pacific region is attributable to industrial and economic development which has escalated sectors such as water treatment, healthcare among others, significantly contributing to the growth of the region. Rising expenditure in water treatment infrastructure, combined with the increasing demand for gaseous and liquid drying in the oil & gas industry, will accelerate the activated alumina market.
- Additionally, the increased use of activated alumina in water treatment industries for the removal of fluoride, lead and heavy metals along with the growing concerns for the removal of fluoride, lead and heavy metals coupled with the growing concerns for water scarcity is expected to drive the demand.
- Furthermore, India and other Southeast Asian countries are further propelling the market demand in the region on account of numerous government initiatives for water treatment.
- For instance, several active and ongoing schemes like development of Smart Cities, the Namami Gange Mission, and the Swachh Bharat Mission have been implemented in India.
- The Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), in association with the 2030 Water Resources Group, is planning to improve wastewater management in India, along with increasing private investments to build wastewater treatment plants.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Lack of Freshwater Resources in Various Countries
4.1.2 Stringent Laws and Regulations on Emissions
4.2.1 Presence of Substitutes
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End-user Industry
5.1.1 Oil & Gas
5.1.2 Water Treatment
5.2.3 Fluroide Adsorbent
5.3.2 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Demand from the Municipal and Manufacturing Sector
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qnnsav
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900