Ozzy Osbourne Burns Hair In LA House Fire

Ozzy Osbourne Burns Hair In LA House Fire

Ozzy Osbourne has been slightly injured when he tried to put out a fire in the living room of his Beverly Hills mansion.

The Black Sabbath rocker received medical treatment at home after he burnt his hair and injured his hand.

The fire started when a candle, left burning through the night, exploded in a glass vase.

Osbourne's wife Sharon said on her TV show that "everybody is fine", adding that only she, her husband and their dogs were in the house at the time.

She recalled hearing "a noise like metal had fallen".

"A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up: 'Something’s weird smelling in here.'

"Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room was on fire. The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding."

She added that her husband injured his hand, which was in a cast due to a previous operation, when he tried to put out the fire. Firefighters were called.

"Ozzy's front of his hair from his ear down is, gone! His eyebrows are gone... he’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges."

Black Sabbath are due to release a new album, called 13, in June - the first LP featuring Osbourne in over 30 years.