Ozzy Osbourne cancels additional tour dates as he fights off pneumonia

Chris Edwards
Contributor
A statement on the heavy metal star’s official Twitter account said he is ‘through the worst part’ of the illness.

Ozzy Osbourne has cancelled several additional tour dates as he continues to battle pneumonia.

A statement posted on the Black Sabbath singer’s Twitter account on Tuesday confirmed that he has had to cancel shows in Australia, New Zealand & Japan. 

Osbourne was set to perform in Sydney, Melbourne, Christchurch, Auckland and Chiba in March.


The statement went on to quote Ozzy’s wife Sharon, who originally tweeted: “Ozzy recently developed pneumonia & has spent some time in hospital. He is through the worst part. His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for full 6 weeks.”

Ozzy was rushed to hospital earlier this month following “complications from flu”, but last week Sharon gave a positive update on her husband’s health.

Appearing on her US show The Talk, Sharon said: “He’s out of ICU and he’s doing great,” prompting a huge ovation from the studio audience. “He’s breathing on his own”.

She added: “I just want to say a huge thank you to everybody that has reached out with good wishes. He is overcome by the response that he’s had, and it’s kind of bittersweet because he’s overwhelmed with it, but he’s sad too.”

Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon

She later thanked her fans on Twitter, writing: “Thank you to everyone for all your get well messages and support for Ozzy. We are overwhelmed and truly touched by everyone’s thoughtfulness.”

Ozzy has been struggling with a series of health issues lately, causing him to cancel the European and UK legs of his ‘No More Tours 2’ show.

The singer also postponed some performances in October after suffering a staph infection last year, which has led to further complications with his health.


Read more
Pippa Middleton’s brother-in-law apologises for ‘wooden’ TV appearance
Sean Bean, 59, says he is ready for a fourth child
Tamzin Outhwaite and daughter, 10, denied entry to India