Advertisement

Palace Addresses Speculation About Kate Middleton's Whereabouts Amid Conspiracy Theories

kate middleton
Palace Addresses Speculation About Kate MiddletonChris Jackson - Getty Images

The palace has released an update addressing speculation and conspiracy theories about Kate Middleton's whereabouts. In a statement to Page Six, the Princess of Wales' rep said, "Kensington Palace made it clear in January the timelines of the princess’ recovery, and we’d only be providing significant updates. That guidance stands." Additionally, they noted that Kate is "doing well."

There's been concern about Kate's health since the palace announced she'd undergone "planned abdominal surgery" on January 17. At the time, they announced that, "Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."

The Daily Mail's reporter Rebecca English also revealed that the press had been told the Princess of Wales' condition is non-cancerous:

Kate was in the hospital until January 29, when Kensington Palace released a statement saying, "The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery. She is making good progress."

Then, on February 10, it was reported that she had left Windsor and traveled to her home in Norfolk. A source told the Daily Mail that, "Catherine is recovering well. She was looking forward to a change of scene and will be able to take it easy in Norfolk while the children let off steam with William."

However, Prince William pulling out of a memorial for his godfather this week prompted a new wave of concern about Kate — especially since the palace cited "personal reasons." That said, they also noted she "continues to be doing well." Soooo, that's that, I guess!

You Might Also Like