The "Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast - 2030" drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED), historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted PED symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
The Persistent Epithelial Defect symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of The report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) epidemiology segmented as the Total Incident cases of Persistent epithelial defect, Etiology-specific cases of Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED). The report includes the Incident scenario of PED symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
The epidemiology segment also provides the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The total Incident population of Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) in 7MM countries was estimated to be 238,058 cases in 2017.
The drug chapter segment of the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) report encloses the detailed analysis of PED marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
The therapeutic market size of PED in the US is mainly accounted for treatment options, such as approved therapy i.e Oxervate and off-label therapies such as lubricants, punctal occlusion, bandage contact lens, topical antibiotics, steroids and others. Amniotic membrane grafting, autologous serum, scleral contact lenses, have been recommended for the treatment of refractory cases.
Nexagon: OcuNexus Therapeutics, Eyevance Pharmaceuticals
It a first-in-class natural, antisense therapy that downregulates the cell membrane hemichannel forming protein, connexin43 (Cx43). Targeting the gap junctions may prevent immune system responses that may lead to inflammatory cascade and promote the microvasculature and regeneration of corneal epithelium. Nexagon has a market advantage in the US, as it received orphan drug designation from the FDA. It is being developed by OcuNexus Therapeutics in partnership with Eyevance Pharmaceuticals. Currently, the drug is under phase II studies for PED.
The Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
This section includes a glimpse of the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market in 7MM. The market size of PED in the seven major markets was found to be USD 179.1 million in 2017.
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017-2030. The analysis covers Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include OcuNexus Therapeutics, Eyevance Pharmaceuticals, Noveome Biotherapeutics, RegeneX Biotherapeutics, Recordati Rare Diseases, Mimetech. Nexagon (OcuNexus Therapeutics, Eyevance Pharmaceuticals) is expected to get launched in the US market by 2022.
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business & price strategy.
Payers have established their therapeutic guidelines, manage access more tightly and scrutinize the price of new therapies, meaning pharma companies need to provide the evidence sought by payers, specifical information such as comparative effectiveness, cost-effectiveness and real-world data. Gaining market access in pharma across Europe has always presented challenges to pharmaceutical firms. The region has a common regulator, the European Medicines Agency, and most of its citizens receive healthcare from government-funded, often country-wide, health systems.
KOL - Views
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
The publisher performs Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market
- In the coming years, Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for PED. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Persistent Epithelial Defect (PED) market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for PED.
- The in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
- Dompe Farmaceutici
- OcuNexus Therapeutics/Eyevance Pharmaceuticals
- Noveome Biotherapeutics
- RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals
- Recordati Rare Diseases/Mimetech
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/f79z2k
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900