Personal trainer stabbed to death on beach will be 'forever loved'

Amie Gray was found fatally stabbed on Bournemouth beach
-Credit: (Image: No credit)

A heartbroken family have paid tribute to a "beautiful" mum who was murdered on a beach.

Amie Gray, 34, was discovered on Durley Chine Beach, Bournemouth late on Friday evening and was pronounced dead at the scene. She was fatally injured during a double stabbing, which Bournemouth West MP Sir Conor Burns, described as a "random act of violence".

Another victim, identified as a 38-year-old woman, was hospitalised with serious injuries.

READ MORE: Gangster brothers who ran £7m empire tried to one up each other to gain approval of money laundering mum

READ MORE: Lancashire teen arrested after personal trainer killed in beach tragedy

Dorset Police confirmed a teenager, from Lancashire, was arrested on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody at this time, reports The Mirror.

Amie's wife Sian Gray and their daughter paid tribute, with Sian saying: "Sunsets will always remind us of you Amie Gray. Forever loved wife and mother."

Friend Nicola Smale said: "Fly high Amie Gray, I'll miss you so much. I feel so heavy! You were such a good friend and someone I could call about anything. A beautiful person inside and out, thank you for all the laughs and memories I will cherish forever."

Her friend Michelle Small said: "Devastated by this. Worked with Amie Gray in her very first job when she turned 17. She was always the kindest lovely young girl and continued to be so throughout her cruelly cut short life. RIP beautiful girl."

Alice Fraser commented: "You lit up the room with your fun and bubbly presence."

Bournemouth West MP Sir Conor Burns addressed the public about the tragedy and said: "Yet another tragic, brutal event locally. One will want to reassure the public that one of the reasons that these events are still so newsworthy is that they are still so relatively rare. We want to hear quickly from the police what they are finding and hope that this is an isolated, random act of violence."

Detective Superintendent Richard Dixey issued an update to the public after the 17-year-boy was arrested. He said: "We have worked tirelessly throughout the night since the initial report and have been able to progress our investigation."

"Foremost, our thoughts remain with the loved ones of the woman who very tragically lost her life. Officers are continuing with their inquiries and a cordon remains in place and is likely to remain so for some time."

Don't miss the biggest and breaking stories by signing up to the Echo Daily newsletter here