Story and video from SWNS
A pet owner got zapped with thousands of volts of electricity after he tried on his dog's new anti-barking shock collar - set to maximum strength.
Steve Yendle, 59, had bought a new shock collar for his dog Tilley and decided to try it out himself first.
His cheeky friend Paul Travis had sneakily turned the settings of the collar up to max power, meaning Steve would receive the most powerful shock possible.
In a hilarious video clip filmed by Steve's wife Sandra, 57, he can be seen holding the collar tight to his neck as Paul leans towards him and barks.
A high pitched warning sound can be heard emitting from the collar before Steve receives an almighty shock that leaves him collapsed on the couch and groaning.
Paul and Sandra can be heard laughing in the background as Steve swears and desperately tries to take the collar off, in the living room of their home in Newport.
Security guard Steve said: "It was awful, I felt it right down in my toes!
"I just wanted to feel how the shock was but Paul had turned it all the way up and I never thought it would tingle all the way down to my feet!"
The Yendle family have four dogs.
The shock collar was going to be for their Patterdale terrier Tilley but they decided against it after Steve's experiment with the accessory.
Cleaner Sandra, 57, added: "Steve is one of the biggest jokers around, he'll try anything!
"He loves his animals and wanted to try out the new bark collar but had no idea Paul had set it to the highest shock.
"It sure shocked him!"