The company has requested to use the jab on 12 to 15-year-olds.
This is not the first time they have made such a request - as BioNTech and Pfizer previously requested approval to extend the vaccines use from the US Food and Drug Administration in April.
In a statement on Friday, the two companies said their submission to the European Medicines Agency was based on an advanced study in more than 2,000 adolescents that showed the vaccine to be safe and effective.
The children will continue to be monitored for longer-term protection and safety for another two years.
The move could offer young people in Europe access to the jabs for the first time and German Health Minister, Jens Spahn, welcomed the news.
“This can make a further real difference to our vaccine campaign, if approval is granted,” he told the Associated Press during a visit to a vaccine manufacturing plant in the German town of Reinbek.