- Trees That Look Like Things: Would Yew Be-Leaf It? Mon, May 18, 2015
In the crazy world of nature, trees having been growing into all sorts of things you might recognise.... A Tree-Rex anyone? … More »
- Pictures of the Week: Cacti, Cupcakes And A Crashed Car Fri, May 15, 2015
Here's our selection of the best pictures from around the world in the last seven days … More »
- Philadelphia Train Derails Killing At Least Five Wed, May 13, 2015
An Amtrak train headed to New York City derailed and tipped over in Philadelphia on Tuesday night, mangling the front of it, killing at least five people and injuring several more. Some passengers climbed out of windows to get away.
Mayor Michael Nutter, who confirmed the deaths, said the scene was horrific and firefighters have said dozens of people were hospitalized and six were critically… More »
- Royal Navy Annual Photo Competition Showcases Different Side Of Forces Tue, May 12, 2015
These intimate and powerful pictures give a fascinating glimpse into the lives of sailors and marines on land and sea.
The eye-catching images are all winners in the annual Royal Navy photo competition and show the many sides of the Forces, which usually go unseen by the public. … More »
- Dozens Die As Second Major Earthquake Rocks Nepal Sat, Apr 25, 2015
At least 37 people are reported dead and over 1,000 injured as another powerful earthquake hit Nepal, flattening buildings 30 miles away.
It comes less than three weeks after the impoverished country was devastated by a 7.8-magnitude earthquake, which killed at least 8,000 people and injured more than 17,800.… More »
- VE Day Celebrations Across The World Fri, May 8, 2015
Europe on Friday marked 70 years since the defeat of Nazi Germany with sombre ceremonies overshadowed by modern day threats, such as the war in Ukraine and Islamic extremism.
The Victory Day commemorations in Europe were muted compared with Moscow's planned display of its military might at a parade Saturday, which is being snubbed by Western leaders over the crisis in Ukraine.
In Britain, the… More »
- Pictures of the Week: Selfies, Star Wars and the SNP Fri, May 8, 2015
It was a week for the memory bank: from the birth of Princess Charlotte to a Conservative election win. Here's our selection of the best pictures from the past seven days. … More »
- "You Sexy Thing" hitmaker Errol Brown dead at 71 Wed, May 6, 2015
Hot Chocolate frontman Errol Brown has died aged 71, his manager said. The singer, famous for hits including You Sexy Thing and It Started With A Kiss, died at home in the Bahamas. His manager, Phil Dale, said he had suffered from liver cancer. Brown, who is survived by his wife and two daughters, was made an MBE in 2003. Mr Dale said he was "a wonderful gentleman".… More »