Living in a capsule: £40 a month for China's smallest apartments
For £40, or 400 yuan a month, young Chinese workers struggling to find anywhere to live can bunk up in 'capsule' homes - a measly 4.5 sqm. With high rents and low wages preventing young people from finding somewhere to live, this residence in Wuhan city, capital of central China's Hubei Province, has divided its six storey building into 55 capsules. The box rooms often house two people.
News For You
- It's not Susanna Reid's week - now her dress has split on Good …
- Supreme Court rejects free speech appeal over Cinco de Mayo school dis …
- Crash Captain Screamed 'Open The Damn Door!'
- Iran deal will allow nuclear breakout in less than a year - Netanyahu
- Argentine workers strike over taxes; transport paralysed