Another blaze at Chicago's 'ice warehouse'
A warehouse in Chicago which had been encrusted in ice after water froze when firefighters battled a blaze has been engulfed by another inferno. Firefighters attended the fire for the second time amid fears the building may collapse under the strain of the ice.
This was the incredible scene in the aftermath of the first warehouse fire in Chicago. An Arctic blast had sent temperatures tumbling in the past few days, making it feel like -46C in some areas with the wind chill factor added to the mix. The initial blaze was one of the biggest the city's fire service has ever had to face and the cold made things even more difficult as icicles formed on fire hoses and froze the firefighters' uniforms.
News For You
- Andreas Lubitz: What we know so far about the co-pilot of Airbus 320
- Frustrated Gardener Who Couldn't Grow Grass Digs Up Lawn - And Finds WW2 …
- Alps Crash Co-Pilot 'Wanted To Destroy Plane'
- Germanwings co-pilot likely crashed jet deliberately - prosecutor
- Woman who had baby cut from belly released from hospital