Chinese "nail house" demolished
Bulldozers have destroyed the home of Luo Baogen and his family, after his "nail house" in Wenling city, China, circulated became a worldwide sensation on the Web. The family had been given their marching orders in order to make way for a new road but the family refused - so the government just built the road around the house anyway. Luo Baogen has now accepted compensation and moved out over the weekend. Householders who refuse to move to make way for developers are known in China as owners of "nail houses" - so named because they stick up out of the landscape and are hard to remove.
News For You
- Andreas Lubitz: What we know so far about the co-pilot of Airbus 320
- Frustrated Gardener Who Couldn't Grow Grass Digs Up Lawn - And Finds WW2 …
- Alps Crash Co-Pilot 'Wanted To Destroy Plane'
- Germanwings co-pilot likely crashed jet deliberately - prosecutor
- Woman who had baby cut from belly released from hospital