Piers Morgan says there's 'no way' he'd ever do 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here'
Anyone hoping to subject Piers Morgan to a bushtucker trial might be waiting a long time, as he says he'd never do I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here.
The 56-year-old presenter stepped down from Good Morning Britain earlier this year amid controversy around his views on Meghan Markle, with many speculating as to what he might do next.
Read more: Piers Morgan makes dig at his GMB replacement
In his latest Daily Mail column, Morgan took aim at I'm a Celebrity presenters Ant and Dec, who joked on Lorraine earlier this week that Morgan could enter the jungle this year.
"Well, he’s not working at the moment, so he’ll be looking for a job," Ant joked, while host Lorraine Kelly said Morgan would be an "amazing" contestant on the show.
Watch: Lorraine Kelly believes Piers Morgan will return to GMB
Morgan wrote of his distaste for the show and said "Dec cackled like a slathering hyena at the thought of luring me into their hellish jungle prison camp" when Ant made his comment.
He added: "Let me make one thing crystal clear: there’s no way I’m ever exposing myself to a series of ghastly gastronomic humiliations for the delectation of the British public.
"When I munch kangaroo testicles, I do so in the privacy of my home."
Read more: Piers Morgan chases Susanna Reid with a tarantula
Morgan has long been a target for Ant and Dec, who have said on numerous occasions that they'd love to see him in the Australian jungle on the show.
The star has often responded that he'd do it if he were paid an astronomical sum of money — anywhere between £5m and £10m depending on which tweet you believe.
Like I said, £5 million & I’ll come and munch kangaroo testicles. Not a penny less. pic.twitter.com/lRLu5W0FnU
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) September 19, 2019
£10 million. https://t.co/J8C5doNQ44
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) November 24, 2020
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here is due to return to TV screens later this year, but ITV has not yet confirmed whether it will return to its Australian jungle location.
The 2020 series of the show, which was won by Giovanna Fletcher, took place at a Welsh castle due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Read more: Giovanna Fletcher upset about being cut from TOWIE
Fans will, however, hope to see the show return to its usual format and ITV chief executive Dame Carolyn McCall shares their wishes.
She said: "If we can go back to Australia — and this show is meant to be in Australia — then that’s what we’ll do.”
Watch: Paul Gascoigne hints he could have a go at I'm a Celebrity