Police probe death of teenager who suffered a 'severe allergic reaction' after eating a takeaway

14161342-1

A 15-year-old girl died after suffering an allergic reaction after eating a takeaway.

Megan Lee died on New Year’s Day after being admitted to hospital on December 30 suffering a “severe allergic reaction”.

Police said Megan, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, had eaten food from a takeaway in the Hyndburn area before she was admitted to hospital. They are currently investigating the teenager’s death.

Reaction – Megan was rushed to hospital following a reaction after eating a takeaway (Picture: Getty)

Adam and Gemma Lee, Megan’s parents, said the 15-year-old was a “role model”, “inspiration” and “princess”.

In a statement, they said: “Our hearts are shattered at the sudden loss of our beautiful daughter.”

MORE: David Bowie learned of terminal cancer ‘three months before death’
MORE: Watch: Blind man straps camera to guide dog to show how he gets abused on public transport

“Megan loved school and thoroughly enjoyed drama and musical theatre. She immediately touched the hearts of everyone she ever met.

“Megan was the kindest, most loving daughter and sister, who always wore the most beautiful and infectious smile.”

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: “We are investigating the sudden death of a 15-year-old girl from Oswaldtwistle who passed away at Royal Blackburn Hospital after suffering a severe allergic reaction.

“She had eaten food from a takeaway in the Hyndburn area and was admitted to hospital on Friday December 30, but sadly passed away on New Year’s Day.

“We are currently carrying out enquiries on behalf of the coroner.

“A post-mortem examination to establish the cause of her death has taken place, however the full results will not be known for some time.”

(Top picture: PA)