Portugal will be removed from England’s travel ban red list, the Department for Transport said.
Portugal will be removed from England’s travel ban red list, the Department for Transport said.
They announced they were expecting in January.
After raging against ‘voter fraud’ on Fox News, Greg Abbott admits no such fraud exists in state
More countries are suspending use of the jab...but one expert cautioned doing so could do ‘more harm than good’
Former Obama official sarcastically tweets: ‘I truly wish I could look this amazing. So fit and so in shape. I’m drowning in my liberal tears over here’
2021’s range of chocolate eggs from the high street and beyond might not have the large-scale, sculptural and adventurous designs of previous years, but the stand-out creations do the simple things well. There are single-origin treats for lovers of good-quality milk and dark chocolate, and creamy white-chocolate numbers for those with a sweeter tooth. Layered eggs that go big on texture (with lots of rubbly nuts and freeze-dried fruit in the mix), and on flavour (some of them with impressive interpretations of classic desserts), are also among the most successful. Whether you graze on yours over days or immediately gobble it up in minutes, there’s something for every taste below. Waitrose chocolate pomegranate
All four heavyweight world titles will be on the line in the all-British super fight to decide an undisputed champion
Zack Snyder has opened up about his four-hour director's cut of Justice League, suggesting he created even more versions of the superhero movie.
‘An old lady is getting handcuffed here,’ says 65-year-old after refusing to comply with Covid rules
The EU's largest countries joined a stream of states halting their rollouts of AstraZeneca jabs on Monday over blood clot fears, as the World Health Organization and Europe's medicines watchdog insisted it was safe to use.
An official replacement for Morgan is yet to be announced
The UK has maintained changes it made to Northern Ireland's trading arrangements are "lawful" and "well precedented" after the European Union launched legal action against it. The European Commission has accused the UK of breaching international law concerning the movement of goods and pet travel between Great Britain and Northern Ireland after the UK moved to unilaterally change parts of the Brexit deal to better suit British businesses earlier this month. On 3 March, the UK announced it was going to extend grace periods relaxing procedures and checks on British supermarket suppliers and businesses trading in Northern Ireland until October.
Italy has returned to lockdown following a recent spike in COVID-19 cases.
‘The best thing to help cases such as these is to avoid politicising them,’ says Tehran
A Dutch medicines watchdog says it has received 10 reports of possible side effects after vaccinations with the Oxford AstraZeneca jab. The national body responsible for reporting adverse drug reactions made the disclosure after the Dutch government became the latest to pause use of the vaccine as a precaution. The Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb said side effects seen included possible cases of thrombosis or embolisms, but not of a lowered number of platelets, as has been reported in Denmark and Norway. Ireland on Sunday temporarily suspended the rollout of the AstraZeneca coronavirus jab, after Norway reported that one person had died and three had been admitted to hospital after receiving the shot. AstraZeneca has insisted the jab is safe, claiming data from the 17 million vaccine doses so far provided no evidence of an increased risk of pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis or low levels of platelets. The World Health Organisation said on Friday that there was no reason to stop taking the shots. The UK has administered more than 25 million vaccine doses - many of the AstraZeneca shot - without raising any alarms over clotting and the UK's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has stressed there is currently no evidence that the vaccine causes blood clots. The scare is the latest headache for the UK-Swedish drug giant, and means a shot which was meant to be a cornerstone of the global effort to vaccinate the world out of the pandemic has instead been dogged by controversy on several fronts. The latest health concerns come on top of an intense political row with EU governments about the speed of vaccine deliveries. Politicians halting use of the shot were acting from an abundance of caution, but risk hurting global efforts to vaccinate, Helen Petousis-Harris, a vaccine safety expert at the University of Auckland, told Bloomberg. “You have to be very careful because it’s also sending a message that there could be something very wrong with the vaccine when in fact, it’s very unlikely that there is,” she said. “We’re doing massive mass vaccination campaigns and people get sick all the time. We can’t panic every time it happens. But we also need to take all precaution. And it’s a hard balance.”
Florida Republican strategist Gianno Caldwell says 'unquestionable majority of party is with him'
Britain's treatment of Shamima Begum is a "disgraceful indictment of our national conscience", Olympic sculptor Sir Anish Kapoor has said. Ms Begum was 15 years old when she and two other east London schoolgirls travelled to Syria to join Islamic State in 2015. Last month, the UK's Supreme Court ruled that she cannot return to the UK to pursue an appeal against the removal of her British citizenship.
One in three local areas have recorded a rise in the latest figures.
The White House on Monday urged Britain and the European Union to preserve the Good Friday accord protecting peace in Northern Ireland after the EU launched legal action against Britain for changing trading arrangements Brussels says breach the Brexit divorce. "We continue to encourage both the European Union and the UK government to prioritize pragmatic solutions to safeguard and advance the hard won peace in Northern Ireland," White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.
Beijing was cloaked in an apocalyptic yellow-brown haze on Monday, with skyscrapers obscured behind layers of sand and dust as China’s capital experienced the worst sandstorm in a decade, threatening the health of millions. Strong winds blew sand from the Gobi desert across much of northern China, including as far west as Xinjiang region. Poor visibility caused hundreds of flights to be grounded and cancelled while traffic choked the roads. Sand particles in the air caused pollution to soar, with some air quality indices for Beijing hitting extremely hazardous levels of more than 9,000. Air quality readings put both London and New York City at around 25 to 30 on Monday. Levels of small particles in the air rose to more than 700 micrograms per cubic meter in Beijing, far higher than the average daily concentration of 25 as suggested by the World Health Organization. Known as PM 2.5, these microscopic particles can embed deeply in respiratory systems and enter the bloodstream, and in the long-term, impair the lungs and heart.
Scotland Yard has issued a fresh appeal for information in their investigation into the disappearance and murder of Suzy Lamplugh, insisting it is "not too late" to come forward. The Metropolitan Police Service’s investigation into the disappearance and murder of Suzy Lamplugh is ongoing, and there are striking similarities to the Sarah Everard case which prompted widespread protests this weekend. Suzy Lamplugh was 25 when she was reported missing on Monday July, 28, 1986. She was last seen in Fulham, West London, at around 1pm on that day. Suzy was working as an estate agent, and left her office to meet a prospective client to view a flat, but she did not arrive back at her office. Her car, a white Ford Fiesta, was later found abandoned in Stevenage Road, Fulham. Suzy is presumed dead, and is believed to have been abducted and murdered. Her body has never been found. But police believe that one piece of information could provide a breakthrough given the benefit of modern technology that was not at their disposal in the early stages of their investigation. Detective Chief Inspector Rebecca Reeves, the senior investigating officer, said on Monday: "We would urge anyone who believes they might know something about what happened to Suzy all those years ago to come forward. Whether you saw something that you thought was unconnected at the time, or you felt under pressure to protect someone you knew – it is not too late. "The passage of time has not weakened our determination to seek justice and get the answers that the Lamplugh family continue to wait for. They have always been supportive of our efforts to make progress in the investigation, and they have shown remarkable strength despite the immense sadness they have endured over the years." More than 34 years have passed, and the police investigation into Suzy’s disappearance is still active with detectives from the Met’s Specialist Casework Team, part of Central Specialist Crime, continuing to pursue leads. In 2018 and 2019, officers completed two extensive searches with the support of a team of forensic experts – one at a property in the West Midlands, and the other on open land in Worcestershire – as part of the investigation. No evidence was found. In August 2019 the Specialist Casework Team received further information. This related to the sighting of man, who had apparently disposed a large bag in the Grand Union Canal in July 1986. This was treated as a new line of enquiry, but it was found that the part of the canal mentioned by the witness and the surrounding canal stretches had been extensively searched by the Met’s Marine Support Unit and London Fire Brigade Search Unit in September 2014. The 2014 search was conducted following an unrelated homicide investigation. During that search, no items were recovered which were connected to the Suzy Lamplugh investigation and the line of enquiry re the 1986 sighting was closed. One man was arrested in December 2000 and questioned, and a file was later submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service. However, it was decided that there was insufficient evidence to support a prosecution. A statement issued by Scotland Yard read: "This has been a significant case for the Met, both in terms of its length and complexity, and because of the sense of tragedy of a young woman vanishing with no apparent trace. "This case has been the subject of a number of high-profile media appeals, resulting in hundreds of pieces of information from members of the public which have been carefully followed up by officers. "We will continue to ensure that no stone is unturned, as we know that one piece of information could provide the breakthrough for detectives. "Today, we have the benefit of being able to utilise cutting-edge forensic science and other technology where needed, to find and analyse evidence. Officers will continue to revisit forensic opportunities where viable. We will continue to assess any new information."