Pregnant Made in Chelsea star Louise Thompson caught up in horror house fire

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
 (Instagram)
(Instagram)

Pregnant Made in Chelsea star Louise Thompson has revealed she was caught up in a horror house fire.

Taking to Instagram she explained that a wine cooler “that no one really used” exploded in the middle of the night and thick chemical smoke spread quickly through her London home.

Ms Thompson, 31, said that she, her fiance Ryan Libbey and her mother, got out safely but urged followers to check their smoke alarms.

“A few of you have noticed we have been offline since Wednesday,” she said.

“Contrary to popular opinion, I haven’t gone into labour, but we were involved in a bad house fire in the middle of the night.

“Thankfully myself, Ryan, my mum, and the dogs are all ok. It was an absolutely devastating experience, but we managed to get out with minimal damage to our health (including the dogs who we lost in the blinding smoke at one point.)”

Ms Thompson praised the emergency services for being at the house “in two minutes”.

She wrote: “Until you have experienced this type of a fire first hand I don’t think you understand the sheer power of it… The thick chemical smoke travelled so fast throughout the house, which meant that within seconds it was impossible to see or breathe.

“I urge you guys to check your fire and smoke alarms TODAY because without them we might not have woken up and there may not have been an escape route out.

“No one had done anything wrong, there was nothing we could have done to prevent it. A wine cooler that no one ever really touched exploded in the middle of the night.

“Fridge fires are scary because there is no build up and they happen without warning. It doesn’t start slowly releasing a bit of smoke to trigger the alarms giving you a chance to think about things.

“It’s zero - 100 sort of situation. I also believe the combination of electricity with water and plastic is a pretty toxic combination. The air honestly smelled of pure poison.”

Ms Thompson said she and Mr Libbey are now homeless and needed to find somewhere to live.

The reality star rose to fame on the hit Channel 4 show which followed affluent young Londoners.

The house fire comes just weeks after she and Mr Libbey revealed they are expecting a baby boy.

Read More

George Clooney discusses whether he would consider a career in politics

In Pictures: Like clockwork, steampunk fans descend on Bronte village

More than 1,000 cross Channel as UK urged to honour £54m pledge to France

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting