- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The Duke claimed he was unable to sweat in a TV interview with Newsnight, saying it was evidence that her account of being assaulted by him when she was 17 was not true.
Lawyers for Ms Giuffre filed a motion in her civil case against the prince to supply any information regarding the alleged medical condition, reports the Daily Mail.
Maxwell was earlier this week convicted of sex trafficking offences and now faces decades behind bars.
Lawyers acting for the Duke of York previously asked the civil court in Manhattan to throw out Ms Giuffre’s lawsuit, saying she is a resident of Australia and therefore is not qualified by residency to file the claim.
They had already asked a judge to toss out the claim on multiple other grounds, denying the prince ever assaulted Ms Giuffre, and calling it “baseless”.
But in response, Ms Giuffre’s lawyers asked for documents relating to travel on “Epstein's planes”, and a visit to “a Pizza Express located in Woking, England”.
They claimed that Prince Andrew’s attorneys’ attempt to halt the lawsuit was a “transparent attempt to delay discovery into his own documents and testimony."
They said her domicile is in Colorado, where her mother lives, and noted that she is registered to vote there, meaning she has the right to issue the claim in a US court.
Andrew Brettler, an attorney for the duke, reportedly responded on Thursday night to the request for documents, writing: “The Defendant objects to this Request on the grounds that it is harassing and seeks confidential and private information and documents that are irrelevant, immaterial and not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.”
He said that the Duke had no such documents in his possession to hand over.
Ms Giuffre is seeking unspecified damages for the alleged sexual abuse. She claims she was trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with Prince Andrew while she was a minor under US law.
Prince Andrew strongly denies the accusation.
Both parties are set to appear in court on January 4, where the judge will hear arguments on the duke’s first motion to dismiss the case before it goes to trial.