Propane Tank Causes Huge Explosion at House in Michigan

A firefighter approaching a house on fire in Plainfield Township, Michigan, early on July 4 was stopped in his tracks by a massive explosion, dramatic video released by the Plainfield Fire Department shows.

The fire, at Pleasant Creek Avenue, was burning in the garage, and spreading to the rest of the house when firefighters arrived, the department said.

“A large explosion occurred shortly after arrival, which caused the fire to rapidly spread throughout the home,” they said.

The cause of the blast was a propane tank in the garage. All occupants had evacuated at the time of the explosion and no one was injured.

Toni Jolman, the homeowner, spoke to Wood TV after the fire, and credited a passing newspaper delivery man with alerting her and her family to the danger. Credit: Patrick DuVall via Storyful

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting