- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
LAST week, Solfest named the first batch of artists who are set to perform on the Solway Coast during this year’s festival.
Over the four evenings, Seasick Steve, The Charlatans, Pendulum and Orbital will headline on a brand-new main stage.
The News and Star, Times and Star and Whitehaven News asked readers what artists they’d like to see perform in the area.
Ten musicians, chosen by you, include:
Bruce Springsteen – The Boss’ live shows are notorious for having ‘you had to be there’ moments. With hundreds of songs in his back catalogue, most audience members are surprised when they realise just how many songs they recognise.
2. Jackson Browne – The singer has sold over 18 million albums in the United States. The ‘Running on Empty’ star still performs, releasing his latest LP last year.
3. Emeli Sande – From Alford, Aberdeenshire, Sande was the jewel in the Olympics 2012 Closing Ceremony crown, performing twice as the Games were brought to a close.
4. Iron Maiden – Still touring nearly 50 years since their first release. Imagine hearing ‘Run to the Hills’ and seeing Eddie the mascot taking over Bitts Park.
5. Journey – Formed in San Francisco in 1973, the rockers may well be known for one song, but who doesn’t love ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’?
6. Tom Jones – One person mentioned the Welsh crooner having never seen him perform, luckily for her, the ‘Delilah’ singer comes to Carlisle this summer!
7. U2 – 30 years ago, the Irish band’s Zoo TV tour achieved a gross of $67 million, making it one of the highest earning tours of all time, behind The Rolling Stones and the iconic New Kids on the Block.
8. Robbie Williams – The Stoke-on-Trent showman has wowed audiences with performances of his greatest hits for over 25 years now. Would it be too much asking if he could take his mates from Take That too?
9. Coldplay – The Chris Martin-led group have confirmed that they will stop making music in 2025. Having headlined Glastonbury six times, their live shows always go down well with audiences.
10. Taylor Swift – The pop favourite is known for bringing guests on stage during live shows. Would she take her best buddy Ed Sheeran up to Cumbria?