New York - Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced Hollywood mogul fighting decades of sexual abuse and harassment allegations, resigned Tuesday from the board of directors of the production company he co-founded, Variety reported.
Weinstein was sacked as co-chairman of The Weinstein Company on 8 October, but continues to own 22 percent of the firm's stock and until Tuesday held a seat on the board, the entertainment magazine said.
One of Weinstein's lawyers, who attended a meeting in Manhattan to discuss her client's termination with his eponymous company, refused to comment.
The Weinstein Company announced Monday that Colony Capital had agreed to provide an "immediate cash infusion" to scandal-plagued studio, and that the two parties were in talks on a potential sale.
Variety said there was apparent tension between remaining board members, who are exploring a sale, and co-founder Bob Weinstein, Harvey's brother, who said last week that the company was not for sale.
More than two dozen actresses, including stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Mira Sorvino have come forward saying they were sexually harassed by the producer.
The accusations against Weinstein include rape, assault and sexual harassment. (Read more here)
Weinstein insists any sexual encounters were consensual.
His films have received more than 300 Oscar nominations and 81 statuettes, but he was expelled last week from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
As the Weinstein harassment allegations reverberate in Hollywood and beyond, thousands of women have taken to social media in response to an appeal by actress Alyssa Milano to respond "me too" if they have been sexually assaulted or harassed.