Residents run out of elevator as rechargeable battery spits out sparks in China

Residents ran out of an elevator in China as a rechargeable battery ignited, sending out sparks and smoke. CCTV video filmed in the city of Zhengzhou in Henan Province on October 11 shows a ball of fire suddenly bursting out of a rechargeable battery on a trolley pushed into an elevator. Two women and a child then ran out of the elevator quickly. Fortunately, the battery did not catch fire and no one was injured. The video was provided by local media with permission.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting