A royal reporter just claimed no one in the royal family or palace is supporting Prince Harry and Meghan Markle right now.
The Daily Express reporter said Prince William and Prince Charles have “distanced themselves.”
Days after Prince Harry released his Daily Mail lawsuit letter (allegedly against his royal aides’ wishes), a royal reporter by the name of Richard Palmer said the rest of the family is “embarrassed” by him and Meghan Markle.
In case you were sleeping on the latest royal drama, Prince Harry is suing the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday’s publisher, Associated Newspapers, for publishing a private letter from the Sussexes in an attempt at making Meghan look bad. (He’s also suing a few other tabloids like The Sun and and the Daily Mirror for separate reasons.) It’s all an effort to protect Meghan from intense and oftentimes unfair scrutiny. But even though Harry was reportedly advised to wait until after his latest tour to release the letter, he did it anyway. So now, he’s allegedly in hot water with other members of the royal family and the royal household.
According to Daily Express royal correspondent Richard Palmer, “Nobody in the Royal Family or the Royal Household is supporting Harry and Meghan at the moment.” Palmer went even further and tweeted, “Even the couple’s aides seem embarrassed by their actions. William, who dropped his brother like a ton of hot bricks earlier this year, and Charles have distanced themselves.”
Nobody in the Royal Family or the Royal Household is supporting Harry and Meghan at the moment. Even the couple’s aides seem embarrassed by their actions. William, who dropped his brother like a ton of hot bricks earlier this year, and Charles have distanced themselves.— Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) October 7, 2019
Palmer also called Harry’s letter “inflammatory” and said he and Meghan “appear out on a limb” at the moment.
Obviously, if that changes it will be a story but at the moment the Sussexes appear out on a limb. Whatever the merits of their various legal actions, they didn’t inform their family that Harry was going to release that inflammatory statement.— Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter) October 8, 2019
It’s not clear why Harry chose to release the letter when he did, but there are theories that it all comes down to a new provision that will soon change where media cases are held in court. Allegedly, Harry wanted to file the suit before the location changed from a division that’s more sympathetic to high-profile privacy issues (Chancery Division) to a division that’s typically sympathetic to publishers (Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court).
Ultimately, the royals have declined to comment on the matter, and we’ll all just have to wait and see how this shakes out.
You Might Also Like