Russia releases video claiming to show sunken Moskva crew meeting with naval chief

·1-min read

Russia has released a video that claims to show crew of the sunken Moskva warship, including the captain who was said to have been killed, meeting with a naval chief.

The nation’s defence ministry announced last week that the Moskva had sunk on stormy seas after a fire caused by exploding ammunition, while Ukraine said it had sunk the ship with two missiles.

After a virtual Moscow news blackout lead to speculation that hundreds had perished, footage released on Saturday shows naval chief Admiral Nikolay Yevmenov addressing crew in the Crimean port city of Sevastopol.

Sign up for our newsletters.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting