Saskatchewan Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody by Police

The second suspect in the Saskatchewan stabbings which left 10 people dead and 18 others injured was taken into custody on Wednesday, September 7, Canadian police said, ending a four-day manhunt.

Saskatchewan Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said Myles Sanderson was located and taken into police custody near Rosthern at approximately 3.30 pm.

“The Saskatchewan RCMP would like to thank the public for their diligence in providing pertinent information about potential sightings of Myles Sanderson,” the RCMP said. “The Saskatchewan RCMP will continue to provide more information as soon as it becomes available.”

Earlier this week police said the other suspect, Damien Sanderson, was found dead with injuries “not believed to be self-inflicted”.

This is a developing story. Credit: Jordan Brandon via Storyful

Video transcript

[NO SPEECH]