Nearly 500 people were rescued from small craft in the Mediterranean Sea on July 23, the migrant rescue organization Sea-Watch said.
Sea-Watch said their team rescued 428 people, including two pregnant women and multiple young children, from four small boats on Saturday.
On July 24, the organization tweeted that Sea-Watch 3 was “heading north” and “hoping to get a port of safety assigned soon.”
Videos filmed by Nora Börding show the rescues on Saturday. Credit: Nora Börding/Sea-Watch via Storyful
- OK, we're good. Now just stay calm. Calm, sitting, OK? No waving. Sitting, OK?
- [INAUDIBLE] approximately [INAUDIBLE].
One of which is a woman and several children [INAUDIBLE].
- Everyone, look at me. I show it the second time. This black line, behind my back, OK? Like this. You see it? Then this around my head, OK?
- And then you attach. And you make it tight, very tight. OK?
- OK. OK. Everyone understand?
- Good. Thank you very much.
- Because I'm turning the boat.
- Uno, uno.
- One, one.
- One, one. OK. [INAUDIBLE]
- One by one, one by one.
- OK, keep calm. Stay calm.
- Just stay calm.