• Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Sex and the City actor Chris Noth accused of sexual abuse by fourth woman

In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Singer-songwriter Lisa Gentile has accused Chris Noth of sexual assault, becoming the fourth woman this month to make allegations against the Sex and the City actor.

Gentile alleged she was sexually abused at her New York apartment in 2002 after meeting Noth at the Da Marino restaurant. Noth has vehemently denied the previous accusations.

In a press conference with her attorney Gloria Allred on Thursday (23 December), Gentile said that she and Noth became acquaintances and would often talk about music and show business.

She claimed that he offered to give her a lift home from a restaurant one Saturday night, when he said he wanted to see where she lived. After entering her apartment where her housemates were asleep, she said she poured him a glass of wine in the kitchen.

“He started kissing me almost right away, then he leaned against the kitchen countertop and forcibly pulled me against him,” Gentile said. “He was slobbering all over me. I quickly became uncomfortable.

“Then he became more aggressive and put both hands on my breasts and began squeezing them very hard over my shirt. He quickly went under my shirt and began squeezing them even harder over my bra with his fingers grabbing the exposed skin not covered by my bra.”

Gentile said that despite asking him to stop, Noth forced her to pull up his top and pushed her hands toward his penis. She said she grabbed his hands to stop him and pushed him away, screaming: “No, I don’t want this.”

“He became extremely angry and started screaming and calling me a tease and a bitch,” she said. “He stormed out of my apartment.”

Noth told The Independent in response to the earlier claims: “The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false.

“These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago – no always means no – that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”

Noth earlier this month (Getty Images for SiriusXM)
Noth earlier this month (Getty Images for SiriusXM)

Last week, a third woman accused the 67-year-old actor of sexual assault over an alleged incident in 2010.

The accusation came a day after The Good Wife actor was accused of rape by two women.

Noth, who is married with two children, acknowledged having consensual sexual contact with the first two accusers but strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

In light of the allegations, Noth has been dropped by his talent agency, A3 Artists Agency, and was also fired from the anticipated CBS series The Equalizer.

His Sex and the City character Mr Big was also suddenly killed off the HBO Max reboot, And Just Like That, a few days before the original report from The Hollywood Reporter was published.

Responding to the reports, his Sex and the City co-stars Davis, Cynthia Nixon and Sarah Jessica Parker said in a joint statement: “We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth.

“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”

If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, you can contact your nearest Rape Crisis organisation for specialist, independent and confidential support. For more information, visit their website here.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting