Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
A Buddha bowl consists of grains, protein and brightly colored veggies. Using a sheet pan makes it a quick and easy meal for at home or on the go!
Total Cook Time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 carrots, skinned and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into half moons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to season
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed and drained
For tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450° F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Add carrots and sweet potatoes to baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables bake, make the tahini dressing. In a medium-sized bowl, mix tahini, garlic, turmeric, salt and smoked paprika. Whisk to combine while slowly adding water.
- Once vegetables are done, add lentils to the baking sheet and season them with olive oil, salt and paprika. Return sheet pan to the oven and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Once done, drizzle tahini dressing over the carrots, lentils and sweet potatoes. Serve in a bowl over a grain of your choice.