Shocking moment teenage driver attempts to crush police officer after high speed chase in Surrey

Tom Powell

This was the shocking moment a teenage driver rammed a stolen car into police officers following a high speed chase in Surrey.

Dashcam footage shows Ramone Kidd attempting to slam Sergeant Chris Schultze against a roadside barrier as other officers try to break into the vehicle and arrest him.

The 19-year-old, who was high on cannabis, had been chased by police down the A22 near Godstone after they linked his car to a burglary eight days earlier.

The clip, released by Surrey Police, shows officers attempting to box him in during the chase in the early hours of June 13.


Sergeant Chris Schultze escaped unharmed after the car was driven at him on the A22 (Surrey Police)

Their cars all crash into each other and Kidd’s blue vehicle ends up spinning around and facing the opposite direction.

But he refuses to give up as officers leap onto the bonnet and begin smashing the windscreen and windows with a baton.

He makes a final bid to escape by driving directly at Sergeant Schultze and pinning him up against the barrier, almost crushing him.

But two of his colleagues manage to detain Kidd, from south London, and pull him out of the car.

He has now been jailed for 23 months at Guildford Crown Court and disqualified from driving for three years. He admitted dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, driving while unfit through drink or drugs and actual bodily harm.

The two other occupants of the car, aged 17 and 19, have been released under investigation for burglary offences.

Detective Sergeant Kerry Akehurst, from the Criminal Investigation Department, said: “I would firstly like to echo what His Honour Judge Moss said around the professionalism of the officers involved in the incident.

“The role of a police officer is to protect the public, and each day officers put their lives at risk to apprehend suspects and protect the public. During this particular incident, officers attempted to stop the vehicle, and in doing so, three officers received injuries and four police vehicles sustained damage.”