SHOCKING photos show the aftermath of a fire that ripped through a bowling club in Milngavie.
We previously reported that emergency services were called shortly after 7am this morning to Claremont Bowling Club, near Clober Road.
Photos and videos shared on social media showed the building up in flames.
Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) confirmed no injuries were reported.
Photos taken after the blaze had been put out showed the damage caused by the fire.
The building's roof had collapsed, a door was hanging off, and the glass from the windows had smashed.
Burnt debris that had fallen off the building was lying on the ground.
Firefighters were still hosing down the bowling club hours later to make sure the area was left safe.
Locals who lived nearby were issued advice by cops this afternoon.
Police issued a statement, advising those in the surrounding areas to keep windows and doors shut.
A post on Greater Glasgow Police's Twitter read: "Police in Milngavie are working with our partners in the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service at the scene of a fire at Claremont Bowling Club, on Claremont Drive.
"The fire was reported around 7am on Friday, November 25, 2022. There have been no injuries reported and enquiries to establish the cause of the fire will be carried out.
"At this time, local residents are asked to ensure all windows and doors remain shut, due to smoke in the atmosphere, particularly in the direction of Ellangown Road."
A spokesperson for the SFRS said: “We were alerted at 7.14am on Friday, November 25, to reports of a building fire in Claremont Gardens, Milngavie.
“Operations control mobilised a total of six fire appliances. There are no reported casualties."